Learn about our top 11 Energy Saving Tips:
- Replace your current heating system to Geothermal if older than 15 years
- Seal air leaks and properly insulate to save up to 20% on heating and cooling bills.
- Install a programmable thermostat to save up to 10% on cooling and heating costs.
- Clean or change filters regularly. A dirty furnace or A/C filter will slow down air flow and make the system work harder to keep you warm or cool.
- Use your window shades. Close blinds on the sunny side in summer to keep out the hot sun, and open them in winter to bring in warm rays.
- Turn off all lights, appliances and electronics not in use. A power strip can help turn off multiple items at once.
- Change to new light bulbs. Reduce energy as much as 80% with today’s increasing number of energy-efficient halogen incandescent, CFLs and LEDs.
- Look for the Energy Star label, the government’s symbol of energy efficiency, on a wide range of consumer products to save up to 30% on related electricity bills.
- Use low-flow faucets and shower heads to save on water bills.
- Install a heat pump water heaters that can cut water heating costs by an average of 50% over standard electric water heaters.
- Reduce water heater temperature to 130° F to save energy and money on heating water.
More information about Energy Saving Ideas can be found at the U.S. Department of Energy: Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy Website
Geothermal Heat Pump information is also available.
Video of Geothermal Heat Pumps might help you out too!